Assigned by IAPMEI (Portuguese Agency for SMEs and Innovation) in partnership with the major Portuguese banks, the PME Excelência status aims to distinguish companies that stand out for their economic-financial performance, rating notations and profitability, while maintaining high competitive standards in a particularly demanding context and contributing to the overall country’s competitiveness.
Companies awarded with PME Excelência are a subset of the PME Líderes (SME Leaders) that additionally met the following requirements:
- Be at the first 2 rating levels (AAA or AA) based on 2013 Annual Report
- Comply the following financial criteria, supported on the 2013 financial statements:
- Financial autonomy (Equity/Assets) >= 35%;
- Growth in turnover >= 5%;
- Return on equity (Net results/ Equity) >= 10%
- Return on assets (Net results / Net Assets)>= 3%
More info at IAPMEI website.
- +1.100.000 SMEs in Portugal
- 7.417 PME Líderes (SME Leaders)
- 1.845 PME Excelência (SME Excellence)
- 49 IT companies awarded